
The U.S. Army confirmed Monday the death of two »suicide bombers» from the Islamic State jihadist group in an operation carried out on Friday by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in the Syrian province of Hasaka.
The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) has indicated through its official account on the social network Twitter that »the SDF killed on March 31 two Islamic State suicide bombers in Hasaka, Syria».
»The suicide bombers were ambushed and killed before they could set off their explosives,» he said, before stressing that »US forces and the SDF are leveraging information on explosives and materials for further raids against Islamic State.»
He also noted that »CENTCOM is committed to achieving a lasting defeat of the Islamic State together with partners in Iraq and Syria». Kurdish-Syrian authorities said Friday that two suspects had been killed in an attempted Islamic State attack.
The SDF announced on March 23, 2019, the capture of Baghuz and the fall of the so-called territorial caliphate of Islamic State, which no longer controls any areas in Syria and Iraq, where it was defeated in December 2017.
Source: (EUROPA PRESS)






