Senator Marcos do Val declared Thursday night before the Federal Police that former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro «at no time was against the coup plan» that former Congressman Daniel Silveira proposed in a meeting in December, on the eve of the inauguration of Luiz Inácio Lula de Silva.
Do Val affirmed that in that meeting at the Alvorada Palace there was talk of recording without authorization any conversation that would compromise Supreme Court Judge Alexandre de Moraes, also president of the Superior Electoral Court (TSE), and one of the targets of constant attacks by bolsonarismo.
«During the entire conversation, the former president kept quiet, the feeling was that the former president knew nothing and that Daniel Silveira sought to obtain the consent of both the declarant and the president; who at no time denied the plan or showed himself contrary to it, keeping silent,» is extracted from Do Val’s statement to the Police.
Do Val said that «at a certain moment» of the meeting, Silveira — who is under arrest for attacks and threats to institutions — asked him if he would be able to fulfill «a very important mission», which consisted of illegally recording De Moraes in some kind of conversation that in a certain way could imply that the Supreme Court judge was violating the Constitution.
Do Val added that there was a moment, «the only one» of the conversation in which Bolsonaro made a statement and «it was when the declarant said that he would need a few days to give an answer». At that moment the former Brazilian president said he would «wait», according to Brazilian media.
Days after that meeting, the senator said he sent a message to Silveira confirming that he would not participate in the plan and then spoke personally with Judge De Moraes to inform him of the content of the meeting, of which he already knew in advance thanks to Do Val’s prior notice.
The objective of the plan, according to Do Val’s account, was to challenge the election results and prevent the inauguration of President Lula da Silva. The statements to the Police confirm what he had told the press and on social networks previously and he has handed over his cell phone to make available to the authorities more conversations on this matter.
Source: (EUROPA PRESS)